WordReference English Collocations © 2020
chefⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [celebrity, famous, Michelin star, renowned] chef
- is the [trainee, assistant, new, in-house, head, second] chef
- a [strict, surly, kind, serious, stressed] chef
- [Coming right up, Understood], chef!
- The chef's [job, work] is challenging.
- [works as, is] the chef's [helper, assistant, apprentice]
- is [studying, learning] to be a chef
- wants to become a (famous) chef
- He thinks he's quite the chef!
- (The restaurant) is [looking for, recruiting, hiring] a new chef.
- The chef put on her [apron, hat].
- a chef at a (famous) [hotel, resort, restaurant]
- the chef's [apron, workspace, tools, utensils, hat]
- chef [aprons, tools, utensils, jobs]
'chef' also found in these entries: