WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cheeseⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [cheddar, Swiss, American, provolone, cottage, cream] cheese
- [hard, soft, blue, sticky, creamy, moldy, stinky, smelly] cheese
- [French] cheeses
- cheese from [France]
- [sliced, grated, melted] cheese
- topped with cheese
- cheese on toast
- [slice, cut, grate] cheese
- put cheese [on top, in the middle]
- [cook, bake] until the cheese melts
- the cheese is melting
- would you like cheese [with, on] that?
- cheese and [wine, crackers]
- cheese and [tomato, onion]
- [macaroni, mac] and cheese
- would like (extra) cheese with [that] (please)
- a [wheel, block, slice, piece] of cheese
- [a pound, 500 grams] of cheese
- [an assortment, a selection, a plate, a platter] of cheeses
- [looked, felt, full of holes] like Swiss cheese
- is the big cheese [in the office, at the party]
- slang: [playing, listening to, dancing to] (80's) cheese
- (everyone) say cheese!
- slang: who cut the cheese?!
- has holes in it like Swiss cheese
- a [slice, piece] of Swiss cheese
- comes with Swiss Cheese (on it)
- would you like Swiss cheese or [cheddar, provolone]?
- [melted, creamy] Swiss cheese
- [chop, slice, grate, dice] Swiss cheese
- [slice] Swiss cheese for the fondue
- [Emmenthal®, Appenzeller®] is a popular Swiss cheese
- a cheese [assortment, selection, plate, platter]
- a cheese [sauce, knife]
- a (grilled) cheese [sandwich]
- a cheese and [tomato, ham] sandwich
- [before, after] the cheese course
'cheese' also found in these entries:
American - French - Greek - Swiss - Swiss cheese - Switzerland - a piece - age - aging - agree - appetizer - artichoke - bagel - bait - ball - beer - besides - bread - broccoli - camera - carrot - cattle - chalk - cherry - chunk - consistency - cottage - course - cracker - cream - crisp - crumble - cucumber - dairy - dressing - farm - filling - fresh - fry - funky - goat - grate - grilled - ham - hard - hunk - lake - layer - luscious - mackerel