WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cheatⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- You're a [lousy, rotten, no-good, dirty] cheat!
- are such a cheat
- He's a cheat and a [crook, scoundrel, bad loser, liar].
- found to be a [video game, benefits, social security] cheat
- I can't [stand, put up with, take] cheats.
- were [competing, playing] against cheats
- has cheats as [friends, colleagues, peers]
- protect [casinos, banks, players] from cheats
- UK: he's on the cheat again
- [found, read, discovered] a cheat for the (video game)
- cheat on your [exam, test]
- cheat at [cards, a game]
- cheat the [system, odds]
- cheat death
- cheat her out of [$50]
- cheat him out of his [rightful place, inheritance]
- was cheating on his [girlfriend, wife, husband, boyfriend, partner, spouse]
- he was caught cheating
- you're only cheating yourself
- find a cheat [code, patch]
- can use a cheat sheet on the [exam, test]
'cheat' also found in these entries: