WordReference English Collocations © 2020
chaosⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [mass, huge, great, enormous] chaos
- [economic, political, financial] chaos resulted from
- The [country, nation] is in [economic] chaos.
- the [country] is in total chaos [over, about]
- a [time, moment, day] of (total) chaos
- descended into [utter, complete, total] chaos
- works [with, in] organized chaos
- [seems, appears] to be organized chaos
- His life is total chaos (right now).
- All manner of chaos broke [out, loose].
- [created, led to, resulted in] mass chaos
- create order out of chaos
- the chaos of [managing, raising, directing]
- the chaos of [home, work, office, family] life
- (caused) chaos in the [area, streets, neighborhood]
- the chaos [that gave birth to, before there was a] universe
- chaos theory
'chaos' also found in these entries: