- Inflections of 'certificate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
certificate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- a [master's, degree, graduate, postgraduate] certificate
- a certificate in [management, marketing, education]
- the [relevant, required] certificate
- [sanitary, process, safety, import] certificates
- a certificate of [authenticity, ownership, registration, compliance]
- [show, receive] the ownership certificate
- [present, obtain, display] a health certificate
- [present] a certificate of (good) health
- comes with a certificate of authenticity
- obtained a certificate of [honor, merit, distinction] in
- was issued with a [gold, silver, platinum] certificate
- was awarded a certificate [of, for, in]
- was presented with a certificate [from, by, for]
- the certificate is [awarded, presented, issued, provided] (by)
- need (at least) [seventy percent] to get the certificate
- the requirements [of, for] the certificate
- a [birth, death, marriage, divorce] certificate
- [enroll in, sign up for, be part of] a certificate program
'certificate' also found in these entries: