WordReference English Collocations © 2020
catalystⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [chemical, fuel] catalyst
- an [engine, enzyme, electrical, oxidation] catalyst
- a [series, router, communications, switch] catalyst
- a catalyst in the [chemical, electrical, centrifugal] reaction
- The catalyst [provoked, led to, brought on, induced] the reaction.
- [chlorine, palladium, mercury] acts as a catalyst (for)
- the catalyst for [change, democracy, freedom, debate]
- [served, acted] as a catalyst for [change]
- the catalyst for the [upturn, improvement, understanding, talks]
- the [main, major, principal] catalyst behind
- [was, is] the catalyst [for, behind, driving]
- [All, Modern] engines must be fitted with a catalyst.
- a catalyst [converter, conductor, semiconductor]
- a catalyst [driver, router, switch]
'catalyst' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):