WordReference English Collocations © 2020
caretakerⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is the [park, estate] caretaker
- UK: is the [building, office, college] caretaker
- UK: the (primary) school caretaker
- UK: The caretaker [swept, cleaned] the [toilets, classrooms, corridors].
- a caretaker for [children, the elderly, the handicapped]
- [works, volunteers] as a caretaker for (the elderly)
- has a caretaker [at home, for her mother]
- an animal caretaker
- a [lion, lion's] caretaker
- a caretaker of [lions]
- hire a caretaker to [maintain, provide, ensure, clean]
- The lion [mauled, attacked, hugged] its caretaker.
- the [duties, functions, responsibilities] of the caretaker
- the caretaker's [duties]
- in the caretaker's quarters
- sports: is the caretaker [manager, coach] (of)
- sports: the [team's, club's] caretaker manager
- the caretaker director of
- a caretaker government