WordReference English Collocations © 2020
capeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [superhero's, vampire's, magician's] cape
- wore a [blue, black, red, plain, striped, long, flowing] cape
- swept her cape [from, off, towards, around]
- His cape [flew, fluttered] in the wind.
- her cape got [stuck, trapped, caught] [in, inside]
- [tore, scraped, split] his cape (on)
- a [jacket, coat, garment] with a cape
- the cape [got, became, was] torn
- the Cape of Good Hope
- the [country's, continent's] southern cape
- [navigated, sailed] around the cape
- we could [see, make out] the cape (from)
'cape' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):