WordReference English Collocations © 2020
canisterⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [gas, nitrogen, vacuum, vapor, propane] canister
- a [food, tin, storage, tea, coffee, cookie, deodorant] canister
- stored in [large, metal] canisters
- canisters of [nitrogen, tear, butane] gas
- (The police) [launched, hurled, threw] tear-gas canisters.
- Shake the canister (well) before use.
- Do not expose the canister to extreme [heat, cold].
- Do not point the canister toward [yourself, your face].
- [Hold, Point] the canister away from [yourself, others].
- [Hold, Shake, Spray] the canister upright.
- The canister [exploded, burst].
- a canister with a [lid, pump, handle]
- a canister with [inflammable, explosive, hazardous] materials
- This canister contains [inflammable] liquids.
- a film canister
'canister' also found in these entries: