WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cancerⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [breast, testicular, ovarian, stomach, prostate, skin] cancer
- [prevent, treat, avoid] cancer
- has been fighting cancer for [six months]
- is having [chemotherapy, treatment] for (his) cancer
- is undergoing [chemotherapy] for cancer
- is the main cause of [lung, liver] cancer
- Smoking causes [throat, mouth, lung] cancer.
- increases [the, your] risk of (lung, skin) cancer
- is [withered, frail] from (the) cancer
- (died) after a [long, short] battle with cancer
- died of cancer [at age, at the age of]
- will (not) go on to develop cancer
- the cancer has [withered, emaciated, shriveled] (her skin)
- a [deadly, fatal] type of cancer
- diagnosed with terminal cancer
- diagnosed with stage-4 (breast) cancer
- The doctor told me I had cancer.
- has malignant cancer
- The cancer is malignant.
- [Most, Some] cancers are [curable, incurable].
- the cancer has spread (to)
- The cancer has metastasized.
- the cancer is still [contained in, limited to]
- Her cancer was [caught, diagnosed] early.
- [studies, research] into [breast] cancer
- lives [taken, cut short] by cancer
- [all the, so many] lives lost to cancer
- the [onslaught, development, spread] of cancer
- rates of childhood cancer [increased, fell, went up] (by)
- [people, patients, children] with cancer
- [Racism, Extremism, Terrorism] is a cancer.
- a [growing, sweeping] cancer in [Europe]
- the cancer [haunting, threatening, weakening] our society
- cancer [cells, treatment]
- (terminal) cancer patients
- [carry out, conduct, do] cancer research
- is a cancer [specialist, nurse]
- fundraising [events, programs, activities] for cancer research
- [advances, progress, developments] in cancer treatments
- cancer care
- the (children's) cancer ward
- [childhood, breast] cancer rates
- had a cancer scare
'cancer' also found in these entries:
advanced - age - aggressive - alleged - awareness - barren - battle - bladder - bone - bowel - brain - breast - case - cause - cell - charity - childhood - colon - consequence - consume - cure - danger - death - defeat - detection - develop - diagnosis - die - drug - event - fight - formation - growth - have - heal - ill - increased - investment - kidney - kill - live - liver - lose - lung - mouth - ordeal - pass - patient - powerful - proceed