WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cancellationⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [train, travel, flight, hotel, service] cancellation
- a [speaker, guest, meeting] cancellation
- a [late, prior, notified, confirmed] cancellation
- a last- [minute, moment, second] cancellation
- We [had, have] a cancellation if you still want a [table, seat, spot].
- the cancellation of a [debt, loan, contract]
- the cancellation of new [models, orders, releases]
- will be [late, unable to attend] due to a flight cancellation
- a cancellation due to [rain, bad weather, delays]
- The cancellation was due to [illness, technical issues].
- notified of the cancellation by [email, phone, text message]
- notified of the cancellation in person
- confirm the cancellation by [email]
- [had, reported] hundreds of cancellations
- cancellation [charges, fees]
- will [incur, carry] cancellation [fees]
- a cancellation [charge] of [10%, $30]
- were referred to the cancellation policy
'cancellation' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):