WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cabⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [private, taxi, London, New York] cab
- a [Yellow, Checker, licensed] cab
- a cab for hire
- [an occupied, an empty, a free, a taken] cab
- [hail, find, take, call, flag] a cab
- phone for a cab
- took a cab into [town, the city]
- took a cab to the [office, station, airport]
- had to take a cab home [last night, yesterday]
- got [out of, into] the cab
- It's [hard, impossible] to find a cab [during rush hour, downtown].
- Finding a cab [around here, in this area] is impossible.
- Your cab is [approaching, outside, waiting for you].
- in the [truck's, semi's] cab
- [slept, ate, rested, relaxed] in the cab
- a cab [company, driver]
- cab [fees, prices, rides]
- pay the cab fare
'cab' also found in these entries: