WordReference English Collocations © 2020
buttonⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [start, on/off] button
- Hold the [start] button down for [five seconds].
- [Click, Hit, Press] the button.
- Where is the off button on this thing?
- Which button do I press to [turn it on, turn it off, tell it to stop]?
- Which button was it again?
- What happens if I press this button?
- was pressing the buttons [wildly, randomly]
- pushed the [entrance, elevator] button
- hit the [off, snooze, panic] button
- This [remote, gadget] has too many buttons (on it).
- the [right, left] mouse button
- slang: is always trying to push my buttons
- slang: is always pushing people's buttons
- slang: is such a button pusher
- slang: is pushing all the [right, wrong] buttons
- the [shirt's, jacket's] buttons
- the buttons on my [shirt]
- sew on a button
- One of my buttons fell off.
- lost one of my buttons
- Button up your buttons.
- Can you help me with this button?
- can't quite get this button
- can't [fasten, do up] the top button
- [white, black, brown, green] buttons
- is fastened with a button
- the [top, last, bottom] button
- Oops, you missed a button.
- is too tight with the button [fastened]
- [pants, waist] sitting below the belly button
- don't want my belly button to show
- slang: [turned up, came] at ten, right on the button
- has a button collection
'button' also found in these entries:
OK - belly - butterfly - cancel - click - control - depress - disconnect - edit - emergency - enable - exit - finger - firmly - horn - imprint - jacket - kettle - lint - lip - mouse - mushroom - panic - pause - piercing - power - press - punch - push - raspberry - recall - record - release - reset - reverse - save - sew - shirt - snap - snooze - sound - standby - star - start - submit - thread - thumb - touch - undo - undone