WordReference English Collocations © 2020
brewⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- brew [coffee, tea, beer]
- brew coffee [in a French press, in a cafetiere]
- brew tea [in a teapot, over an open flame]
- brew a pot of tea
- brew beer [at home, from hops, from barley]
- brew his own [beer, ale, cider]
- let [it, the tea] brew (for 10 minutes)
- leave [it] to brew (for 10 minutes)
- trouble is brewing [in, at, for]
- a storm [is, was] brewing
- how long does it take to brew?
'brew' also found in these entries: