WordReference English Collocations © 2020
boyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [teenage, young, little, small] boy
- be a [good, big] boy [while I am gone, for the babysitter]
- (you're a) bad boy!
- [likes, gets involved with] (the) bad boys
- a [country, city, village] boy
- an  -year-old boy
- they have [three, twin] boys and a girl
- [gave birth to, had] a (baby) boy
- [hangs out with, is bullied by] (the) older boys
- he [likes, prefers, dates, is interested in] boys
- met a boy that I like
- a boy from [Minneapolis]
- boys will be boys
- let boys be boys!
- boys [and, with] their toys!
- that's my boy!
- (it's) boys vs. girls
- [hello, listen up, pay attention], boys and girls
- when I was [still, just] a boy
- no boys allowed!
- is [only, just, exclusively, solely] for boys
- she is (seen as) one of the boys
- is the boy next door
- is a story of boy meets girl
- [went to, attended] a school for boys
- [go bowling, play poker, shoot some hoops] with the boys
- [have, go on] a night out with the boys
- I'm taking my boy to the [office, game]
- the boys [in the office, on the board]
- I'm going to the little boys' room
- slang, UK: [this, some, the] old boy was [reminiscing, complaining]
- boy, am I [tired, thirsty, hot]!
- [having, going on] a boys' night out
- is [a member, part] of the old boys' club
- [a member] of the old boy network
- is a boy scout
- is in the boy scouts
- a boys-only [school, camp]
- a boy band
'boy' also found in these entries:
B - adorable - altar - approach - ask - badly - bat - beat - best - between - birth - birthday - blind - blond - bouncing - bright - carpet - carry - cheeky - cheerful - chunky - city - clever - clout - connect - crap - creep - cripple - cub - cuff - daft - delivery - demon - disabled - dumpling - expect - fantasy - fat - fifteen - foolish - friendly - gap - ginger - girl - golden - guardian - handbook - head - heavy - horny