WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bonnetⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- have never worn a bonnet before
- never wear a bonnet
- wear a bonnet [out, outside]
- put on a bonnet before going [out]
- Cover your head with a bonnet.
- make a bonnet for the baby
- a [cloth, cotton] bonnet
- The Amish still wear bonnets.
- Not many people wear bonnets anymore.
- Bonnets are still [worn, popular] in [Yorkshire, Scotland].
- a bonnet and [shawl, dress, cloak]
- slang: has a bee in his bonnet about
- UK: [check, look, inspect] under the (car) bonnet
- UK: [opened, lifted, closed, slammed] the (car) bonnet
'bonnet' also found in these entries: