WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bloomⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- The [trees, flowers, bushes] are in bloom (right now).
- The [trees] will be in bloom in the coming [days, weeks].
- The [trees] will be in full bloom soon.
- the bloom of the [trees]
- the [spring, summer] bloom (of)
- The [spring] bloom is coming.
- almost time for the yearly bloom
- an algae bloom in the [lake, bay, river]
- a [nasty, smelly, annoying] algae bloom
- Her career is in full bloom.
- She is in the full bloom of her career.
- His bloom was [cut short, ruined, hampered] by (illness).
- [enjoying, experiencing, living] the bloom of youth
- [camera, lens] bloom
- bloom caused by the [sun, light]
- use the bloom [artistically, intentionally]
- a bloom of [joy, content, excitement] on his face
- a bloom of [creativity, inspiration]
- the [flower, rose] blooms
- bloom [later, early] in the year
- the [flowers, trees, roses] bloom
- bloom in [the spring, April]
- bloom throughout [the year, the spring, April]
- bloom from [April] to [May]
- bloom later in life
- [love, passion, friendship] bloomed between them
- [she, the singer, the performer] has bloomed
- color bloomed in her [cheeks, face]
'bloom' also found in these entries: