WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bloodyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- my [knee, elbow, cheek] is bloody
- don't want to get my [shirt, hands] bloody
- have a bloody [knee, scrape, cut]
- [had, got, was given, ended up with] a bloody nose
- bloody and [bruised, beaten]
- [caught up, involved] in a bloody [mess, affair]
- was a bloody [victory, loss, conflict, war]
- what a bloody mess!
- the [baby, child] was screaming bloody murder
- [drink, make, serve] Bloody Marys
- UK, slang: bloody hell!
- slang, UK: that's bloody [awful, brilliant]!
- slang, UK: not bloody likely!
- slang, UK: you must be bloody [kidding, joking]!
- slang, UK: you bloody well better!
- slang, UK: such a bloody [shame, idiot, waste]
- slang, UK: I hate this bloody thing!
'bloody' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):