WordReference English Collocations © 2020
blessingⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- am here to ask for you blessing to marry your daughter
- Do I have your blessing (to marry your daughter)?
- You have my blessing.
- has the blessing of her [father]
- [need, want, get] your [father's, family's] blessing
- received her father's blessing
- was a [complete, huge, total] blessing for us
- has been a [complete] blessing for us
- has been a blessing on this [city, school, Earth]
- has been a blessing to this [city]
- a blessing from [above, heaven]
- has been an absolute blessing to [meet, know] you
- the blessings of [freedom, beauty, liberty]
- idiom: should count your blessings that you're [safe, alive]
- idiom: might be a blessing in disguise
- a [Catholic, religious] blessing
- a blessing from the [priest, pope]
- seek the [priest's] blessing [for, before, prior to]
- [offered, volunteered] to say a blessing (at the table)
- the blessing of the [bread, wine]
'blessing' also found in these entries: