WordReference English Collocations © 2020
blastⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the blast of [dynamite, a gun, an explosion, a bomb]
- could hear the [noise, sound] of the blast for [miles]
- could hear the blast from the [nearest, next] town
- destroyed in the blast from a bomb
- [destroyed, wiped out] by a nuclear blast
- felt a blast of [cold, warm] air (from)
- [Many, Thousands] were [injured, killed] in the blast.
- The blast [injured] [many].
- the [rubble, remains] from the blast
- a [chilly, gusty] blast from (the north)
- gave the [trumpet, saxophone] a blast
- [a few, short] blasts on the [horn, trumpet]
- a [trumpet] blast
- had the [TV, radio] on at full blast
- had a blast at the [party, club] (last night)!
- The [party] was a blast!
- We're going to have a blast at the [party]!
- This [party] will be a blast!
- idiom: a blast from the past
- blast (it) with explosives
- blast a hole (in it)
- blast out the [wall, mineshaft, hole]
- the [explosion, bomb, dynamite] blasted out the [wall]
- blasted him with a [shotgun, pistol]
- blast him [off his feet, into the air]
- blast off [into space]
- the [music, sound, siren] was blasting
- blast the [car horn, music]
- critics have blasted her for
- UK: damn and blast!
- blast this [stupid, damn, wretched] thing
- blast it!
- the blast radius of the [bomb, nuke]
- in a blast shelter
- behind a blast shield
'blast' also found in these entries: