WordReference English Collocations © 2020
blanketⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [Roll, Fold] (up) the blanket.
- Can you help me fold the blanket?
- Put a blanket on the bed.
- You look cold. Do you want a blanket?
- pulled the blanket over her [head, shoulders]
- a [winter, down, wool, summer, light] blanket
- [sit, eat] on a picnic blanket
- covered her (up) with a blanket
- wrapped a blanket around her (shoulders)
- used a blanket to [keep warm, stop shivering]
- blankets and sheets
- [put, lay] down a blanket
- [lay] a blanket for the picnic
- [put] a blanket down
- [wash, air, dust off, dry clean] the blanket
- give the blanket an airing
- protected by a fire blanket
- a blanket of snow covered the ground
- slang: He's (a bit of) a wet blanket.
- blanket clouds covered the sky
- don't [give, use] blanket [answers, statements, responses]
- blanket coverage of the [event, news, elections, Olympics]
- have [made, placed] a blanket order
'blanket' also found in these entries: