WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bladeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- an [iron, steel, bronze, obsidian] blade
- a blade made out of [iron]
- a blade from the [Bronze, Iron] Age
- a [sharp, dull] blade
- The blade is razor sharp.
- The blade [is getting, has gotten] dull.
- a [knife, scissor, saw, razor] blade
- the blade of a knife
- cut it [open, off] with a blade
- He [showed, flashed] his blade.
- The blade [shone, glinted] in the [light, sun].
- The [light] [shined] off the blade.
- cut [his finger, himself] with the blade
- The blade [penetrated, went through] (an artery).
- a [hunting, self-defense, military] blade
- a [5-inch] blade
- a blade of [5 inches]
- Be careful (that) you don't cut yourself with the blade.
- a blade of grass on [my jeans, the floor]
- [thick, dry, moist] blades of grass
- The fan blades were spinning.
- The windshield blades have [snapped, broken, stopped working].
- [damaged, hurt, twanged] my shoulder blade
- [got, bought] (new) roller blades
- a blade length of [five inches]
- a [five-inch] blade length
'blade' also found in these entries: