WordReference English Collocations © 2020
birthdayⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is her [first, 50th] birthday
- it's my [Golden] Birthday!
- happy birthday!
- sing Happy Birthday (to)
- [have the same, share a] birthday
- it is my birthday on [Monday]
- my birthday is on [Monday]
- his birthday is coming up (soon, next month)
- are going out [to dinner, for drinks] for my birthday
- have a birthday in [December]
- when is your birthday?
- what did you get for your birthday?
- I want a [bike, computer, drum kit] for my birthday
- [celebrity, famous] birthdays
- celebrate your birthday (with friends)
- [organize, put on, go to] a birthday party
- a birthday [cake, card, present, gift, surprise]
- the birthday [boy, girl]
- birthday [wishes, candles, balloons]
- [this, April] is my birthday month
- [in, wearing only] her birthday suit
'birthday' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):
April - August - February - January - July - June - September - balloon - banner - bash - bat - belated - bicycle - cake - camp - candle - card - celebrate - celebration - chocolate - clown - costume - cutting - daughter - envelope - experiment - first - flower - forget - fuss - get - gift - give - greeting - happy - keyboard - kitten - kitty - maker - necklace - pal - party - peek - pop - present - prompt - puppy - remember - remind - skate