WordReference English Collocations © 2020
billionⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- billions of [people, species, dollars, insects]
- [ten] billion
- I swear, there must be a billion [of them, people here].
- billions must have come to [watch, see]
- has billions of [dollars, followers]
- billions and billions of them
- There are still billions left [in this world, on Earth].
- billions watched in awe (as)
- was [watched, witnessed, observed] by billions
- [makes, earns] billions every year
- billions have been [spent, lost, wasted] on
- [has to, must] be worth billions!
- [has to] be worth (at least) a billion
- The [deal, contract] is worth over a billion.
- has profits (of) over a billion
- is over a billion in [debt, the hole]
- (over) a billion in annual [sales, profit]
- made his first billion (by, in)
- is worth a billion dollars
- would cost a billion dollars (to build)
- has spent [five] billion dollars on [building, creating]
- (more than) a billion [people, fans]
- seems like a billion years ago (that)
- over [two] billion years ago
- have (already) [asked, told] you a billion times (before)
- is a billion-to-one chance (that)
- is a billion-dollar [idea, industry]
- has a billion-dollar [net worth, mansion]
'billion' also found in these entries: