WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bilingual ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- she is (completely) bilingual
- is bilingual in [English, French] and [Spanish, German]
- grow up bilingual
- was raised bilingual
- bilingual [staff, students, children, teachers]
- use a bilingual dictionary
- take bilingual classes
- go to a bilingual school
- [got, has] a bilingual education
- apply to a bilingual [program, job]
- being bilingual is [a requirement, an advantage, a must] (for)
- take a bilingual approach towards
- bilingual and bicultural
- are looking for bilinguals to [work, teach, instruct]
- [English/Spanish] bilinguals
- was [brought up, raised] a bilingual
- was [brought up] to be a bilingual
- It is difficult to become a bilingual (as an adult).
- is [easy, simple, straightforward] for a bilingual
- Bilinguals will have more [chances, opportunities, possibilities].
- [jobs, positions] for bilinguals
'bilingual' also found in these entries: