- Inflections of 'bicycle' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bicycle ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- learning to ride a bicycle
- never learned how to ride a bicycle
- am still learning to ride a bicycle
- don't know how to ride a bicycle
- a bicycle with training wheels
- got a new bicycle for [his birthday, Christmas]
- a [BMX, tandem, road] bicycle
- had [an accident, a crash] on his bicycle
- fell off my bicycle
- was hit by a car while on her bicycle
- A car hit me on my bicycle.
- crashed her bicycle into a [parked car, wall, lamp post]
- need to [repair, tune] my bicycle
- My bicycle's [wheels are flat, chain is rusty].
- My bicycle was stolen.
- Someone stole my bicycle.
- Lock your bicycle up.
- Lock up your bicycle.
- [lock, chain] your bicycle to
- The bicycle was [tied, locked] around (the fence).
- ride a bicycle across the [country, state]
- gets to [work, school] by bicycle
- takes his bicycle to [work]
- an electric bicycle
- bicycle [parts, wheels, shops]
- find bicycle parking
- was in a bicycle accident
- a bicycle rack for your car
- proper bicycle safety
- wear a bicycle helmet
- watch a bicycle race
- [build, make] a bicycle lane
- bicycle [around, home, to work]
- bicycle around [town, the lake, the park]
- bicycle along the [river, boulevard, lakefront]
- bicycle through the [rain, crowd, mud]
'bicycle' also found in these entries: