WordReference English Collocations © 2020
believeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- believe in [God, ghosts, Santa Claus, the constitution]
- do you believe in [God]?
- believe in [him, yourself, the kindness of strangers]
- believe they [have, are, can, should, will]
- still believe that
- it's hard to believe (that)
- believe (me) that
- believe what they want (to believe)
- believe it [would, could, might] be possible
- I believe so
- I don't believe it!
- I don't believe for [an instant, a moment] that
- I don't believe you
- don't you believe it!
- [you, you'd] better believe it!
- believe the [information, hype, press, lies]
- (don't) believe her [story, account, lies]
- [blindly, firmly, strongly] believe
- [researchers, experts, investigators] believe
- are believed to [have, contain, be]
- believed by [many, most, some]
- believed [at first, all along]
- believed to have been [murdered, killed, abducted]
'believe' also found in these entries:
April - August - God - I - July - June - alien - almighty - amount - badly - bigot - blunt - cause - central - childish - compelling - completely - con - condition - contrary - conversely - daft - dated - death - delusion - dense - destiny - divine - divorce - do - elf - excuse - exist - fairy - firmly - fool - foolish - gall - ghost - goodness - gossip - graphic - gullible - hard - hardly - he - hereafter - honesty - hype - insane