WordReference English Collocations © 2020
begⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- begging on the [street, corner, subway]
- begging for [spare change, food]
- begging and [pleading, praying]
- I only beg that
- beg to [differ, disagree]
- begged him for [mercy, help, forgiveness]
- begged with him to [let, spare, stay]
- begged with her not to [go, tell]
- please, I beg you!
- I beg you to [reconsider, stop, accept]
- I beg your pardon!
- (I) beg your pardon?
- I beg your [forgiveness, indulgence]
- beg a [moment, a word] with you
- [this, which] begs the question
'beg' also found in these entries: