WordReference English Collocations © 2020
becomeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- become a [member, partner, sponsor, champion]
- become the [first, most, next, youngest, largest]
- is [set, about] to become the [first]
- become one with [yourself, the universe, your faith]
- is becoming a problem
- become [important, popular, aware, familiar]
- become [available for, accustomed to]
- will (soon) become [common, commonplace, necessary]
- is becoming increasingly [difficult, common, popular, important]
- is becoming less and less [difficult, effective]
- is becoming [cloudy, sunny, clear]
- is becoming [mostly, partly] [cloudy]
- [as, all] will become clear
- become pregnant
- become known for
- [what, whatever] became of him?
- what will become of me?
- behavior that becomes an [adult, officer, ambassador]
- as becomes a (true) [gentleman, lady]
- [sarcasm, it] doesn't become you
'become' also found in these entries:
American - academic - accomplished - accountant - accustomed - acquainted - active - addicted - addiction - aggregate - ambition - apparent - application - apprentice - architect - arguably - associate - attached - attribute - author - bad-tempered - badass - baker - bartender - beam - beggar - being - bet - bid - bigotry - bilingual - bill - blonde - blurred - burden - cabbage - cable - celebrity - century - chartered - chef - citizen - complicated - connected - controversy - conversion - cook - cop - copper - crank