WordReference English Collocations © 2020
beaverⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a beaver's [tail, dam, hut, teeth]
- The beavers dammed (up) the [river, stream].
- The beaver's dam [blocked, disrupted] the [river].
- The beavers cut down all the trees (for their dam).
- The beavers [gnawed, chewed] through the trees.
- The trees were destroyed by the beavers.
- a fur [hat, coat] made of beaver
- rodents [like, including, such as] beavers
- has been a busy (little) beaver
- is an eager beaver
- sexually explicit: has a [shaved, waxed, hairy, trimmed] beaver
- sexually explicit: is [shaving] her beaver
- sexually explicit: has a [neatly, short] trimmed beaver
- sexually explicit: her beaver is [trimmed, untrimmed]
- sexually explicit: [fucked, nailed] her (in her) beaver
- sexually explicit: [licked, kissed, fingered] her beaver
- a beaver [dam, hut]
- a [hat, coat] made of beaver fur
'beaver' also found in these entries: