WordReference English Collocations © 2020
beardⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [manly, thick, lumberjack, rough, long, full] beard
- has a beard like a lumberjack
- am trying to grow [a, my] beard
- am trying to grow my beard out
- am growing my beard out
- grew a beard over [vacation, Christmas, the holidays]
- can't grow a beard (yet)
- can barely grow a beard
- You call that a beard?
- Now that's a beard!
- His beard tickled her [face, cheek].
- Your beard is too [rough, scratchy].
- Shave off your beard.
- Shave your beard off.
- [Trim, Cut, Shape] your beard.
- [plucked, tugged] at his beard
- has a beard (and mustache)
- have always wanted to grow a beard
- wish I could grow a beard (like that)
- a [gray, red, dark] beard
- his bear [has gone, is going] gray
- the beard of a [ewe, goat]
- slang: used him as her beard (to hide)
- slang: used her as his beard (to hide)
- use a beard trimmer
- [trim, shape, change] your beard line
'beard' also found in these entries: