WordReference English Collocations © 2020
beanⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [red, green, black] beans
- [baked, refried, canned, dry] beans
- a [can, tin, sack, pound] of beans
- We are having beans for [lunch, dinner].
- am out of coffee beans
- [grind, roast] coffee beans
- [fair-trade, organic] coffee beans
- the smell of coffee beans
- beans and [pork, bacon, ham]
- beans with [pork]
- playing with a jumping bean
- [stuffed, lined, filled] with beans
- slang: Use your bean (for once)!
- slang: doesn't know beans about [economics, baseball, computers]
- idiom: Who spilled the beans?
- whole-bean coffee
- eat bean [sprouts, curd]
- [red, black] -bean [soup, stew]
'bean' also found in these entries: