WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bayⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [sailing, fishing, swimming] in the bay
- [sail, swim] across the bay
- [sunbathing, camping, dining] by the bay
- [east, west] of the bay
- [Thunder, Tampa] Bay
- grew up near the bay
- am going to the bay for the [weekend, summer]
- Is this considered a bay?
- a [house, hotel] overlooking the bay
- [reversed, backed] into the loading bay
- the aircraft's [loading, holding, cargo] bay
- The car repair shop has several service bays.
- is in the sick bay
- grew bay [in a pot, in the garden]
- add [basil, thyme] and bay to the soup
- equestrian: The horse is a bay.
- equestrian: saddled up the bay
- a bay [mare, horse]
- the [horse] is bay
- [cook, infuse] with bay leaves
- with bay windows
- bay at the moon
- the [hounds, dogs] are baying
- are baying for [blood, a fight]
- keep [pain, hackers, intruders] at bay
- he felt at bay
- a bay [area, street, resort, hotel]
- in the Bay Area
'bay' also found in these entries: