WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bashⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- bashed into [another car, her, the wall]
- bash her with [a bat, his fist]
- bashed him for [being, saying]
- bashed by a [bat, car, ball]
- don't bash it until you try it
- bash the [opposition, underdog]
- bash the door [down, in]
- bash his face in
- bash in his face
- bash him on the head
- UK: bash him round the head
- [get, have] your head bashed in (by)
- UK: bash out a [script, novel, essay]
- had a bash for her [birthday, graduation]
- sounds like they are having a bash in there
- a [birthday, going away] bash
- [was, was not] invited to the bash
- suffered a bash on the head
- suffered a bash to the [chest, stomach]
- UK: I'll have a bash at the [quiz, math problem, game].
- UK: I think I'll give the [quiz] a bash.
'bash' also found in these entries: