WordReference English Collocations © 2020
basementⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is stored in the basement
- Did you [check, look in] the basement?
- a [finished, unfinished] basement
- Let me [run down to, check, look in] the basement (quickly).
- has a [50-meter, 200-foot] basement
- am going down to the basement
- am [afraid, scared] to go down to the basement
- heard (some) [thuds, noises, clashes] from the basement
- [gutted, refurbished, cleaned out] the basement
- install a [cinema, gym, pool table] in the basement
- turned the basement into a [garage, game room, separate apartment]
- in the [church, school] basement
- lives in his mom's basement
- has been living in the basement (of)
- there is flooding in the basement
- the basement [floor, level] (of)
- a basement [room, bathroom, apartment]
- basement waterproofing
'basement' also found in these entries: