- Inflections of 'barrage' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
barrage ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- sustained a barrage of [missiles, bombs, rockets]
- launched a barrage of [gun, machine gun] fire
- in a [rocket, artillery] barrage (on)
- hit with a barrage of [questions, criticism]
- came in for a barrage of [questions]
- [overwhelmed, stunned, halted] by the barrage of [questions]
- [faltered, came undone] under the barrage
- There has been a barrage of attacks on [the politician, Baghdad].
- in a barrage on [Baghdad] (this Tuesday)
- was given a barrage of information
- in a barrage against [Palestine]
- a media barrage [on, against, about]
- the daily barrage of [emails, phone calls]
- an endless barrage of [emails]
- a constant barrage of [emails]
'barrage' also found in these entries: