WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bargeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a barge carrying [cars, iron, weapons]
- The barge sank in the [storm, hurricane].
- The [storm] sank the barge.
- takes [fifteen days] by barge
- the barge makes stops in
- The barge travels [up, down, through] the canal.
- a [freight, pleasure] barge
- [ship, transport] by barge
- [a river, an ocean] barge
- The barge arrived at port.
- on a pleasure barge
- lives on a [river, canal] barge
- converted the barge into a [home, restaurant]
- idiom: wouldn't [touch, go near] it with a barge pole!
- barge [shipping, traffic, transport]
'barge' also found in these entries: