WordReference English Collocations © 2020
barbecueⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Come over for a barbecue.
- invite them over for a barbecue
- are having a barbecue on [Sunday]
- have a barbecue every [Sunday]
- [love, hate] barbecue
- am in the mood for barbecue
- a recipe for barbecue
- miss my [dad's] barbecue
- [build, make, buy] a new barbeque
- a [charcoal, gas] barbeque
- a [portable, makeshift, brick, stone] barbecue
- cooking the [meat, corn, veggies, ribs] on the barbeque
- [put, toss, grill] the [meat] on the barbeque
- heat up the barbeque
- The barbeque is smoking.
- light the barbeque
- a restaurant that serves barbecue
- the first barbecue [of the, this] summer
- indoor and outdoor barbecues
- Barbecues are [forbidden, not allowed] (in, on, at, near).
- barbecue [ribs, steak, chicken]
- barbecue beef flavor
- in the barbecue pit
- on the barbecue grill
- covered in barbecue sauce
- eat at a barbecue restaurant
- love barbecue food
- good barbecue recipes
- has a barbecue area
- [sell, buy] barbecue [tongs, accessories]
'barbecue' also found in these entries: