WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bandageⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- need a bandage for my [knee, finger, arm]
- have a bandage on my [knee]
- wrap a bandage around my [knee]
- put a bandage [on, around] my [knee]
- pressed the bandage on her [knee, forearm]
- is wearing a bandage on his [knee]
- apply a compression bandage to his [knee]
- put a bandage over the [cut, scrape, wound, laceration]
- cover the [cut] with a bandage
- a [new, sterile] bandage
- a self-adhering bandage
- The bandage is too [tight, loose].
- time to [change, remove] your bandages
- a [cotton, gauze, linen] bandage
- Do you have a bandage?
- a bandage to [heal the wound, stop the flow, prevent infections]
- used [his shirt, a cloth] as a bandage
'bandage' also found in these entries: