WordReference English Collocations © 2020
ballotⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Go cast your ballot.
- Cast your ballot in [November].
- Don't forget to cast your ballot.
- Fill out your ballot (correctly).
- Cast your ballot in person.
- Cast your ballot by mail.
- (All) ballots have been [casted, deposited].
- [valid, invalid, null, blank] ballots
- is on the ballot for [president, senator]
- counting (the) ballots
- a recount of the ballots (from)
- [a provisional, an election] ballot
- are still using paper ballots
- are now using electronic ballots
- sent in an absentee ballot
- elected in a [secret] ballot
- [chosen, appointed] following an anonymous ballot
- was [defeated, appointed, successful] in the [third] ballot
- [a secret, an anonymous] ballot
- ballot for [strike, industrial] action
- balloted to take [strike] action
- ballot [in favor of, against]
- ballot [the population, the voters, their members] on the issue
- [placed, slipped] [it] in the ballot box
- [received, deposited, marked] her ballot [slip, paper]
'ballot' also found in these entries: