WordReference English Collocations © 2020
bailⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [deny, grant, revoke, refuse] bail
- bail was [denied] (for)
- am [denying] bail (for)
- the judge [denied] bail (for)
- Bail is set at [$200,000].
- get your bail reduced
- ask for reduced bail
- [ask, request] to reduce the bail
- has been released on bail
- was (not) able to post bail
- failed to make bail
- a hearing to set bail
- the conditions of bail
- need to pay bail
- [met, paid] the [$200,000] bail
- Can you help me pay my bail?
- Someone (already) paid your bail.
- need money for bail
- will be [held, detained] without bail
- offered [his property, shares] as bail
- The [convict, criminal] jumped bail.
- bail out the [banks, company, government]
- bail the [banks] out
- bail him out (of jail, of trouble, of a predicament)
- thanks for bailing me out
- the pilot [had, was forced] to bail out
- he bailed on me
- bailing water (out of the boat)
- broke the bail [conditions, terms]
- [put, coughed] up the bail [bond, money]
'bail' also found in these entries: