WordReference English Collocations © 2020
backlogⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- There is a backlog of [orders, enquires, cases].
- a [vast, huge, large] (order) backlog
- have a backlog of [orders] (right now)
- There is a backlog of work to be [done, completed].
- [a huge, an endless, a significant, a growing] backlog of
- a backlog in [processing, maintaining, printing]
- There is always a backlog [in, during] [December].
- A backlog is expected in [December].
- The backlog is [growing, increasing, shrinking, diminishing].
- [trying, attempting] to reduce the backlog
- [get, work, plow] through the backlog
- [tried, managed] to avoid a backlog
- are (currently) experiencing a backlog
- have far too much backlog to
- The backlog has been eliminated (completely).
- The backlog will (continue to) increase.
- The current backlog is [manageable, unmanageable].
- [delayed, undelivered] due to the backlog
- a [maintenance, product, order] backlog
- caused the [court system, deliveries, claims] to backlog
- the [court system] started to backlog
- [considered, thought] to be backlogged
- [send, compile] a backlog report
'backlog' also found in these entries: