WordReference English Collocations © 2020
axleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- broke an axle when hitting the [bump, pothole]
- broke an axle going over the [bump]
- the [front, rear] axle (of)
- the [car's, bike's, train's, wagon's] axle
- [independent, oscillating, pivoting] axles
- get your axle [repaired, fixed, replaced]
- need to [repair] my axle
- [revolve, spin] on the axle
- [placed, positioned, fixed] on the [rear] axle
- The [truck, semi] has [five] axles.
- the [drive, free] axle
- The axle can [support, hold] [twenty tons].
- a [two] -axle vehicle
- the axle [set, weight, load]
'axle' also found in these entries: