Inflections of 'avocado' (nnoun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc.): nplplural noun: Noun always used in plural form--for example, "jeans," "scissors.": avocados
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
avocado ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [ripe, hard, fresh, rotten] avocado
- a [salad, sandwich] with avocado
- [love, hate] avocados
- spread avocado on the [bread, sandwich]
- [cut, slice, dice] an avocado
- [crushed, sliced] avocado
- avocado and [dill, tomato, cucumber]
- Is there any avocado in this?
- Does this contain (any) avocado?
- [pick, harvest] avocados from the tree
- The avocados are ready to be [picked].
- Avocado is [not a vegetable, a fruit].
- The [oil, spread] is made from avocados.
- [crush, mash] avocados to make [a dip, guacamole]
- a [pound, kilo, bag, sack] of avocados
'avocado' also found in these entries: