WordReference English Collocations © 2020
avenueⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a tree-lined avenue
- an avenue in downtown
- a famous [shopping, dining] avenue
- Is this an avenue or a street?
- [1st, Park, Washington] Avenue
- The [store, house] is on [1st] Avenue.
- Turn [right, left] onto [1st] Avenue.
- Merge onto [1st] Avenue.
- the (two) avenues [merge, converge] (at)
- take [1st] Avenue to
- walking [down, up, along] the avenue
- lives at the [end, start, beginning] of the avenue
- [Trees, Palms, Bushes] line the avenue.
- have begun to explore new avenues (of)
- are exploring new avenues (of)
- are looking for new avenues of
- a new avenue of [research, approach, communication]
- a new [research] avenue
- this is a brand new avenue for
- are (still) exploring (several) new avenues (of)
- had [no, little] avenue of escape
'avenue' also found in these entries: