WordReference English Collocations © 2020
autumnⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [in, during] the autumn of 
- It has been a [cold, warm, sunny, beautiful] autumn.
- This autumn has been [cold].
- It's [colder] than last autumn.
- happened one day in [late, early] autumn
- Autumn is my (least) favorite season.
- Autumn is beautiful in [the English countryside].
- Autumn is [coming, on its way, around the corner].
- The leaves [change, fall] in autumn.
- can't wait [for, until] autumn
- The [class, sports season] starts in autumn.
- The [class] begins in autumn.
- will see you this autumn!
- the colors of autumn
- are [seeded, harvested, grown] in autumn
- is [in, approaching] the autumn of her [career, life]
- typical autumn [weather, rain] (in England)
- [kicked, picked] up the autumn leaves
'autumn' also found in these entries: