WordReference English Collocations © 2020
auctionⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is [holding, having] an estate auction
- a silent auction [for, to benefit]
- go to a benefit auction
- [an art, a rare book] auction
- go to an auction (to buy)
- bid at an auction
- an online auction (for)
- hold on auction to [raise, get, get rid of, pay for]
- is holding a [charity, benefit] auction (for)
- fetched [$3 million] at auction
- will be sold at a [police, public] auction
- will be sold at auction
- got [it] for cheap at an auction
- [picked it up, bought it] at an auction
- [found, got] myself a bargain at the auction
- The auction has (already) ended.
- [furniture, bikes, cars] up for auction
- Is the [furniture] up for auction?
- the results of the auction
- [met, did not meet] the auction price
- a [world-famous, foremost, renowned] auction house
'auction' also found in these entries: