WordReference English Collocations © 2020
attorneyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [divorce, criminal, family, corporate, labor] attorney
- a [pro bono, public, private] attorney
- the [prosecuting, defending] attorney
- the [plaintiff's, accused's, defendant's] attorney
- the attorney for the [prosecution]
- (assistant to) the district attorney
- the office of the district attorney
- need to [contact, consult with] an attorney
- a consultation with an attorney
- should consult with an attorney (before)
- need a new attorney
- is studying to be an attorney
- [a licensed, and accredited] attorney
- an attorney to represent you
- was appointed a public attorney
- [an appointed, a state-appointed, a court-appointed] attorney
- If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.
- I'm calling my attorney!
- Don't [talk, answer questions] without an attorney (present).
- Who is the attorney [of, on] record?
- am entering my appearance as her attorney
- The [company, corporation] has a team of attorneys.
- The attorney [asked for, requested] a recess.
- was given power of attorney (to represent her)
'attorney' also found in these entries:
argue - bargain - competent - consult - counsel - criminal - deceased - defend - defendant - defense - denial - district - divorce - general - initiate - injury - inmate - law - overly - patent - power - privilege - prosectution - prosecution - recess - retainer - sentence - tame - trademark - vest - vet - withdraw - witness