WordReference English Collocations © 2020
attireⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- proper [work, school] attire
- proper attire for [work]
- is not [proper, appropriate] attire for [work]
- was not wearing [proper] attire (for)
- turned [away, down] for improper attire
- attire that is [completely, totally] inappropriate for [work]
- [completely] inappropriate [work] attire
- [specialize in, sell] [work] attire
- That attire is only appropriate for [home, the bedroom].
- attire for [women, children, professionals]
- Black-tie attire is [required, requested].
- [customized, tailored] attire
- [modern, period, stylish] attire
- [design, make] period attire (for television)
- is dressed in her [evening, business, casual, professional] attire
- [looking, shopping] for bridal attire
- [take out, unpack] your [winter, summer, holiday] attire
- put your [winter] attire into storage
- dressed in their [traditional, customary] attire
- attire that [fits, captures, represents] the period
- [traditional] [Islamic] attire
'attire' also found in these entries: