WordReference English Collocations © 2020
assertionⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- that's a bold assertion to make
- yes, that is my assertion
- his assertion that [he was fired unjustly]
- the assertion of legal rights
- made an unlikely assertion that...
- made an assertion [about, to, for]
- the assertion is [true, false]
- despite his assertions
- challenged her assertion that...
- an assertion based on
- no evidence to support the assertions
- supported his assertions with [evidence, facts]
- the assertion of [authority, jurisdiction, rights]